AO Code For Pan Card: AO Code is a combination of Area Code, Area Type, AO Type, Range Code, and AO Number. Applicants for PAN are required to provide the Assessing Officer code in their application. This information can be obtained from the Income Tax Department. Applicants may search their AO Codes on the basis of description wherever provided. Alternatively, applicants may search for their AO Code in the AO Code Search as per the guidelines below:-
- Area Code: Help in the identification of the geographic location of the company or individual. It is a 3-letter area code.
- AO Type: It is being introduced to help the tax department for the identification of the category of PAN cardholder; as a company or an individual or service personnel or any person who is not a citizen of India.
- AO number: It is a numerical value which is published on the website of NSDL and is the last element of AO code.
- Range Type: It is based on finding the permanent address of the PAN Cardholder. They are being assigned with a Range type that helps to identify the circle or ward that they live in.
Here you can find out all AO code. We mention all list of AO codes.
How To Find AO Code For Pan Card
It is a very simple method AO Codes can easily be found on government-authorized PAN websites. Simply you have to click on the city, for which you want to find out AO Code. Follow the steps given below:
Step 1: Identify if you qualify as a salaried individual, non-salaried individual or a non-individual applicant.
Step 2: Select the residential/office address based on the criteria you meet.
Step 4: You can search your city by alphabet on the website. Choose the city and read the description/jurisdiction.
Search AO Code You can select your City Alphabet and get it.
Also : Click Here For New Govt Jobs
What is AO code and why it is important For Pan Card Form?
AO code full name is Assessing Officer code. PAN card application form includes the AO code.
The Permanent Account Number (PAN Card does not by itself indicate jurisdiction. However, in the database each PAN is linked to a 10 digit Assessing Officer code indicating the jurisdiction of the taxpayer which defines the Chief Commissioner Region, the Commissioner’s Charge, the Joint Commissioner Range, and the place and designation of the Assessing Officer(s).
AO Code For Pan Card
Now you don’t need to choose the AO code for pan while making the PAN application as the system will automatically allot it for you based on your income source and PIN code of your address. You can refer to the instructions sheet available with the PAN application form. Also if you already have a PAN then you can check the “Know Your Jurisdiction” on the income tax website. Hope the above info is useful to you.
Please comment if your city is not shown in the above list we will add your city and please tell him this ao code for pan card form is useful or not useful for you.
Pan AO Code Search for top cities
|AO Code For Delhi||Click Here|
|AO Code For Bangalore||Click Here|
|AO Code For Chennai||Click Here|
|AO Code For Mumbai||Click Here|
|AO Code for Hyderabad||Click Here|
|AO Code For Bhopal||Click Here|
|AO Code For Varanasi||Click Here|
|AO Code For Udaipur||Click Here|
|AO Code For Indore||Click Here|
|AO Code For Pune||Click Here|
AO Code Type
There are primarily four types of AO codes depending upon the type or area in which the entity is operating. The list of AO types are mentioned below:
- International Taxation – Any entity applying for a PAN card, be it a foreigner or a company not registered in India, will be covered in this category.
- Non-International Taxation (Mumbai Region) – Applicants who live in Mumbai or companies registered in Mumbai are covered under this AO code.
- Non-International Taxation (Outside Mumbai) – This AO code will be applicable for those entities that are registered anywhere in India except Mumbai.
- Defense Personnel – This AO code is applicable for applicants who are the members of the Indian Army or the Indian Air Force.